Are you eager to explore the vast world of Diablo 4 without wasting time traveling on foot? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about getting a mount in Diablo 4. Discover how to obtain a mount and learn when you can expect to acquire this essential means of transportation. Read on to embark on your epic journey through Sanctuary with speed and style!
How to Get a Mount in Diablo 4?
If you’re yearning to ride a majestic horse through the war-torn realm of Diablo 4, you’ll first need to complete the Donan’s Favor quest, which becomes available in Act 4. Once you’ve progressed to this stage, head over to the Stables in town and speak with Oskar, the vendor. Unlock the mount option and receive your first horse, the Old Nell Steed, for free. Additionally, you can purchase other cosmetic horses for in-game currency.
To get a mount in Diablo 4, you’ll need to complete the Donan’s Favor quest, which becomes available during Act 4 of the game. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to obtain a mount:
- Progress through the main story: Play through the game and reach Act 4. You’ll need to have advanced to a specific point in the main storyline to unlock the quest.
- Visit Kyovashad: In Act 4, you’ll come across the city of Kyovashad. This is where you’ll find the Stable Master who offers the quest.
- Accept Donan’s Favor quest: Speak to the Stable Master in Kyovashad, and they will give you the Donan’s Favor quest. Accept the quest to initiate the process of obtaining a mount.
- Complete A Master’s Touch quest: Progress further in Act 4 until you receive the main quest called A Master’s Touch. In this quest, you’ll need to talk to Donan at the Cathedral of Light in Kyovashad.
- Return to the Stable Master: After speaking to Donan, go back to the Stable Master in Kyovashad. They will have the Old Nell Steed available for you to use as your first mount. You can also purchase other mounts, such as the Grey Steed and Mottled Steed, for 20,000 gold each.
- Enjoy your mount: Once you’ve received your mount, you can summon it at will outside of dungeons and indoor areas. Press the designated button (such as the right D-pad button for console players or Z for PC players) to summon your mount. Keep in mind that there is a 10-second cooldown after dismounting before you can call your mount again.
That’s it! You’ve successfully obtained a mount in Diablo 4. Enjoy the increased speed and convenience as you traverse the world of Sanctuary on horseback.
When Do You Get a Mount in Diablo 4?
In Diablo 4, you can get a mount during Act 4 of the game. More specifically, you’ll be able to obtain a mount after reaching a certain point in the main story. The quest that introduces mounts is called Donan’s Favor, and it becomes available during Act 4.
Once you progress to the appropriate stage in the main storyline and receive the Donan’s Favor quest, you’ll be able to embark on the quest to obtain a mount. This quest will lead you to the city of Kyovashad, where you’ll find a Stable Master who offers the quest and the opportunity to acquire a mount.
It’s important to note that the availability of mounts is tied to the progression of the game’s story, so you’ll need to play through the earlier acts and reach Act 4 before you can access the quest and obtain your mount.
Mount Controls and Functions in Diablo 4:
In Diablo 4, mounts come with specific controls and functions that enhance your gameplay experience. Here are the mount controls and functions you need to know:
- Summoning the Mount: To summon your mount, press the designated button. For console players, this is typically the right D-pad button, while PC players often use the Z key. When you summon your mount, it will appear and become available for you to ride.
- Dismounting: To dismount from your mount, press the designated dismount button. On consoles, this is usually the B button, while on PC, it may vary depending on your keybindings. When you dismount, your character will leave the mount and continue on foot.
- Cooldown Period: After dismounting from your mount, there is a cooldown period before you can summon it again. In Diablo 4, the cooldown for summoning a mount is typically around 10 seconds. You’ll need to wait for this cooldown to expire before you can call your mount again.
- Galloping: While mounted, you can make your horse gallop to move faster. The right trigger (RT or R2) is usually used to initiate the galloping motion. However, keep in mind that galloping consumes limited charges, represented by spurs, which gradually replenish over time.
- Overworld Usage: Mounts are primarily used on the overworld map of Diablo 4. You can freely summon and ride your mount while exploring the open world, traveling between regions, and completing quests. However, it’s important to note that you cannot summon your mount in dungeons or indoor areas.
- Interactions and Combat: While on your mount, you can still interact with various elements in the game world. You can pick up gold and loot, activate Shrines, and perform other actions. However, certain obstacles like ladders and crawlspaces may require you to dismount and traverse them manually. Additionally, mounts can be used strategically in combat. They possess unique abilities that allow you to knock enemies aside with a Speed Boost or freeze enemies in a direction with a Frost Dismount, giving you an advantage when initiating combat.
Benefits of Using a Mount in Diablo 4
Using a mount in Diablo 4 comes with several benefits that enhance your gameplay experience. Here are the key advantages and benefits of utilizing a mount in the game:
- Increased Travel Speed: The most obvious advantage of using a mount is the significant increase in travel speed. Mounts allow you to cover large distances more quickly, making it easier to navigate the expansive open world of Sanctuary. By riding a mount, you can save time and reach your destinations faster, especially when traveling long distances away from portals.
- Convenience and Efficiency: With a mount, you can quickly move between regions without having to rely solely on walking or running. This convenience is particularly useful when you need to complete quests, explore different areas, or revisit previously visited locations. Mounts provide a more efficient means of travel, allowing you to focus on your objectives and progress through the game at a swifter pace.
- Access to Mount-Specific Abilities: Mounts in Diablo 4 possess unique abilities that can aid you in combat and exploration. For example, mounts can have a Speed Boost ability that allows them to move faster for a short duration, helping you outrun enemies or traverse the environment swiftly. Some mounts also have a Frost Dismount ability, which freezes enemies in a direction when you dismount, granting you a tactical advantage when engaging in combat.
- Enemy Avoidance and Aggro Management: When mounted, most enemies on the overworld map will initially avoid your mount or give you a brief grace period before aggroing. This can be beneficial when you’re trying to navigate through densely populated areas without being constantly attacked. However, be cautious, as getting too close to enemies or accidentally colliding with them can trigger aggro and make them chase you.
- Multi-Character Benefits: Once you have obtained a mount in Diablo 4, all characters on your account will have access to mounts right away. This means that any new characters you create can immediately benefit from the increased speed and convenience of mounts. It eliminates the need to unlock mounts individually for each character, providing a consistent advantage across your account.
By utilizing a mount in Diablo 4, you can enjoy improved mobility, time-saving travel, combat advantages, and overall smoother gameplay as you journey through the game’s vast and treacherous world.
By following the Donan’s Favor quest in Diablo 4, you can unlock the exhilarating experience of riding a mount and traversing the world of Sanctuary with ease. Remember that mounts become available during Act 4, and you can obtain your first horse, the Old Nell Steed, for free from the Stables. Enjoy the freedom and efficiency that mounts bring to your adventure, and make the most of their unique abilities. Begin your journey to uncover the secrets of Diablo 4 while leaving your enemies in the dust!