Vampire Survivors Lightning Ring Evolution: As with many of your weapon options in Vampire Survivors, some options have evolutionary paths. These “upgrades” often grant unique bonuses to the weapon or item in question; for example, the blade becomes a continuous stream of blades. Not all weapons or items have upgrade paths, but those that do are usually very powerful. One of those items is the Lightning Ring, an item that summons lightning bolts at random enemies on the screen. What is the evolution of the lightning ring? If you’re curious about how to update Lightning Ring, look no further.
The Lightning Ring can be evolved if you also purchase the Duplicator, an item most players will grab anyway due to the powerful extra amounts in Vampire Survivors. A Lightning Ring with maximum range evolves into a Thunder Loop, essentially “duplicating” Lightning Ring hits. This means that after the Lightning Ring’s first hits, an additional “hit” will occur shortly after.
How to get and evolve the Lightning Ring:
Vampire survivors lightning ring evolution is quite easy, as you “only” need to defeat 5,000 enemies of any kind. Five thousand enemies may seem like a high number, but it’s something that will naturally add up to your achievement list over time (Oh boy, I bet you can’t wait to hear how you need 3000 Dragon Shrimps specifically defeated in the Gallo Tower stage to unlock O’Sole Meeo).
Once you unlock the Lightning Ring, you can also unlock the Porta Ladonna character by leveling up 4. Porta Ladonna has the Ring as a starting weapon.
To upgrade Lightning Ring in Thunder Loop, you must choose at least the first level of Duplicator and have Lightning Ring at the maximum level. Once this is done, you’ll be eligible to evolve from one of the chests you’ve collected from defeated bosses during the game.
If you haven’t unlocked the duplicator, you can just get it by bringing the wand to level 7 during each game. The wand is also Imelda Belpaese’s starting weapon, but it’s also one of the weapons initially available when you start playing Vampire Survivors, which you can choose freely as you upgrade each character from the start.
The Passive Item Needed For Vampire Survivors Lightning Ring Evolution
Each weapon in Vampire Survivors requires a passive item before it can be developed. For the Lightning Ring, you need the Duplicator.
The duplicator works exactly as it sounds. Double your projectiles once per level. This item has only two levels.
You unlock the duplicator by increasing the wand’s weapon to level 7. The wand is the starting weapon of Imelda Balpaese, a character that can be unlocked for 10 gold.
Vampire Survivors Lightning Ring Evolution
You can evolve the Lightning Ring by bringing it to its maximum level, which is level 8. You must also have the necessary passive item in your inventory.
Then find a boss or enemy that is bigger and has more health than the average field enemy. Defeat him and he will drop a treasure chest. Open the chest and the Lightning Ring turns into the Thunder Loop.
The Thunder Loop attacks in the same way as the Lightning Ring. Only this time, the Thunder Loop adds another set of lightning bolts a few seconds after the first lands.
This essentially makes the Lightning Ring twice as effective.
How to Evolve Lightning Ring in Vampire Survivors – Steps
Evolving Lightning Ring is quite easy, there are 4 steps in total:
- Unlock Lightning Ring by defeating a total of 5,000 enemies.
- To unlock Porta Ladonna: Get the Lightning Ring to level 4
- Get the Lightning Ring weapon to level 8
- Get the Duplicator accessory power-up (passive item): Bring the wand to level 7
- Pick up the chest of a rare enemy that spawns once the counter reaches 10:00 (survive at least 10 minutes)
- Lightning Ring Evolution Recipe > Lightning Ring + Duplicator = Thunder Loop
Tips To Achieve Vampire Survivors Lightning Ring Evolution
- The easiest way to develop Thunder Loop is to start with Porta Ladonna as she starts with Lightning Ring. Because it’s your starting weapon
- Due to the weapon’s large surface area bonuses, Chandelier is one of the most effective ways to increase the Lightning Ring’s power.
- It can also be considered the main damage dealer, due to the amount of damage it can deal to many enemies in very short periods.
- Each level of the duplicator adds +1 to the amount of stat
How to Evolve Lightning Ring in Vampire Survivors – Levels
Lightning Ring Level Boosts:
- 1st level: hit random enemies
- 2nd level: +1 projectile
- 3rd level: +10 base damage and +100% base area
- 4th level: +1 projectile
- 5th level: +20 base damage and +100% base area
- 6th level: +1 projectile
- 7th level: +20 base damage and +100% base area
- 8th level: +1 projectile
At max level, Lightning Ring has +50 base damage, +300% base area, and +4 projectiles.
How to Evolve Lightning Ring in Vampire Survivors – Thunder Loop
The Thunder Loop causes lightning to strike twice, doubling the damage compared to the Lightning Ring.
So if you liked Lightning Ring, Thunder Loop is superior, one of the best late-game weapons you can get and one you should try.
Vampire Survivors Evolution List
Last checked for new Vampire Survivors evolutions on October 31.
Below is a list of all of the evolutions you can perform in Vampire Survivors:
- Whip + Hollow Heart
- Magic Wand + Empty Tome
- Knife + Bracer
Vampire Survivors Evolution – Death Spiral
- Axe + Candelabrador
- Cross + Clover
- King Bible + Spellbinder
- Fire Wand + Spinach
Vampire Survivors Evolution – Soul Eater
- Garlic + Pummarola
- Santa Water + Attractorb
- Runetracer + Armor
- Lightning Ring + Duplicator
Vampire Survivors Evolution – Gorgeous Moon
- Pentagram + Crown
- Gatti Amari + Stone Mask
- Song of Mana + Skull O’Maniac
- Shadow Pinion + Wings
- Victory Sword + Torrona’s Box
Vampire Survivors Evolution – Infinite Corridor
- Clock Lancet + Silver Ring + Gold Ring
- Laurel + Metaglio Left + Metaglio Right
- Phiera Der Tuphello + Eight The Sparrow + Tiragisú
- Peachone + Ebony Wings
- Vento Sacro + Bloody Tear
Super Candybox II Turbo
Conclusion: Vampire Survivors Lightning Ring Evolution
The Thunder Loop causes lightning to strike twice, which doubles the damage output compared to the Lightning Ring.
If you like that Lightning Ring, The Thunder Loop is superior. It is one of the best weapons you can find for the end game. It’s one you should consider.