How to fix ps4 LAN cable not connected? PlayStation Network allows you to play, watch, and communicate with your friends over a steady internet connection. As long as your console is online, the newest app and software updates can also be downloaded.
Users who have been using the PS4 for a long time have noticed an issue with the LAN cable. A LAN connection is more stable and constant than a Wi-Fi or wireless connection, although some users still prefer it. If your Console is giving you a notification that says “PS4 LAN Cable Not Connected,” this tutorial will explain to you how to solve it and get it working properly again.
The “PS4 LAN Cable Not Connected” errors have a variety of causes and solutions. Whether the internet isn’t functioning, try to see if other devices can connect.
The error message “LAN cable not connected” is a typical one on the PlayStation 4 because the device doesn’t detect an internet connection. So how do we fix it? Read on.
How to Fix PS4 Lan Cable Not Connected
In this article, we’ve covered every known solution, so you can solve “PS4 Lan Cable Not Connected” easily no matter what the cause is.
Attempting all of the solutions listed here is still safe, so keep that in mind. You may have to update the PS4 firmware, change the DNS on the PS4, convert the dynamic IP to a static IP, etc. Regardless of your level of technical expertise, you can easily follow our step-by-step instructions and get it done.
Solution 1: Power Cycle your PS4
Power cycling is one of the most popular solutions for any malfunction or issue. The PS4 LAN Cable Not Connected error can be fixed by resetting all of your console’s applications and processes.
Follow these steps:
- Press the console’s power button until the light on the console goes out.
- Unplug the power cord for 10 seconds after that.
- When the time is right, reconnect the PS4’s power cable and power it on.
- Check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2: Reboot the Router
You may also do a router power cycle, which is quite similar to the solution described above, to clear all of your incoming and outgoing connections. In some cases, customers have reported that resetting their router resolved the problem with the PS4 LAN cable Not Working
This is one of the simplest and most effective ways to deal with the problem. Unplug the router’s power cord for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. After the router has finished rebooting, proceed with the procedures listed below.
- To begin, go to the Settings menu.
- Next, go to Network.
- Connect your computer to the internet and choose to Use a LAN Cable
- Click “Easy” again and you’ll see the message “Internet Settings Updated.”
Solution 3: Change DNS Settings on PS4
A DNS, or Domain Name System, is a tool for determining a computer’s name and IP address. The PS4 Lan cable not working issue can be resolved by changing the DNS settings on your PS4 to reset your connection and eliminate issues.
To update your DNS, follow these instructions.
- Go to Network in the Settings menu.
- Select “Set up Internet Connection”
- Select the LAN Cable.
- Select the Custom option.
- Select the option for automatic IP address configuration.
- DHCP Hostname should not be specified in this step.
- Under DNS settings, choose manual.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 as the primary DNS and 22.214.171.124 as the secondary DNS.
- In the MTU settings, choose Automatic.
- Set the Proxy Server to “Do not use” mode.
- Restart the console –. Try reconnecting your LAN cable and check if the problem persists.
Solution 4: Set a Static IP Address
Solution 3 should be tried first, and if it fails to resolve the LAN cable problem, a static IP should be configured. Static IPs do not change when you reboot your router, unlike dynamic IPs, which do. Static IP addresses, rather than dynamic ones, are said to assist fix the PS4 LAN Cable Not Connected problem.
- Open the Settings menu, then choose Network.
- Click on the View Connection Status button.
- Go back and record the IP address, subnet mask, and Default Gateway.
- Go to Internet Connection Setup.
- Select “Use a LAN Cable.”
- Select Custom and Manual on the next screen.
It’s time to input your IP address. You don’t have to enter it exactly; only the first three digits, and then any number from 2 to 255 as the last. Add in your subnet mask and default gateway after you input your IP address.
The following choices are available for your consideration:
- MTU: automatic.
- Proxy Server: Do Not Use.
You should be able to connect to the internet without any issues. Connect the LAN cable again, and the PS4 should recognize it. Verify whether or not you still have the PS4 LAN Cable Not Connected issue
Solution 5: Rebuild Database on PS4
A Database Rebuild is a good option if your console is experiencing numerous issues, such as the LAN Cable Not Connected error. It gets rid of all the garbage files, both permanent and temporary, that might cause more damage than good. Your PS4’s installed applications and games will affect the time it takes to complete a Database Rebuild.
According to how much data you have, the process might take anything from 10 minutes to an hour. The PS4’s database can be rebuilt by following these instructions.
Press and hold the Power button on your console for 10 seconds until you hear two beeps. PS4 Safe Mode has been activated.
- Use a USB cable to connect your PS4’s DualShock controller.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Rebuild Database (fifth option).
- Do not interrupt the procedure until it has finished.
- Connect your router’s LAN cable to the LAN port of your PS4 and log in to your account.
- Check to see whether the issue persists.
Follow this procedure to reclaim any paid games that have been removed from your library:
Sign onto the PlayStation network before you do this.
Select Restore Licenses from the Account Management menu, then click the Restore button.
If you’re seeing the notice “LAN Cable Not Connected” on your PlayStation 4, don’t panic, it’s fixable. The most common fix is to restart the router, even though other solutions are still effective.
Possibly, the Lan cable has to be changed to get the console back up and running. Use a flashlight to look for any damaged pins in the Ethernet port’s cable connector.
There are several well-known and trusted DNS servers that may be used in certain situations.
Is the issue “PS4 LAN Cable Not Connected” still troubling you? We’d love to hear from you.