Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
In this technological era, more and more smart gadgets are being released to help us live easier. Smart gadgets are designed to be more efficient to help ease the load off of users. These devices are just like your normal home appliances, with the exception that they have smart integrated features that make them more efficient. If you’re looking to turn your home into a smart home, you can start by looking at some of the best smart home devices to own in 2021.
What Is Smart Home Technology?
Smart home technology refers to the technological advancement in which all of your home devices are connected to the internet. These devices are hooked up to voice automation systems, like Alexa or Google Home so that they can take your commands and carry them out.
These devices are just like your normal devices except that there are smart features integrated into them. They range from your light bulbs to your refrigerator. Furthermore, they are built with sensors that can pick up your voice and carry out your commands. By simply talking out loud, you can change the color of your lights or make your fridge spew out ice cubes.
The end goal of smart home technology is home automation. It helps eliminate the extra time and effort you spend to carry out a specific task. Lastly, these smart home devices come in different categories to cover all aspects of your home.
Smart Speaker And Display Device – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
1. Amazon Echo Family – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
This is a Bluetooth speaker that is powered by Alexa. Alexa is the handy voice assistant of Amazon. Additionally, you can use this device to control the different gadgets in your home. You can also connect the affordable Echo Dot With Clock to boost the speaker’s functionality. Lastly, this is one of the best smart devices to own in 2021.
- Newer models have improved audio
- No Zigbee
- More color options
- Sleeker appearance
- Wide range of speakers
- Not all models are competent enough to meet your needs
2. Google Nest Hub – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
This is the better option if you’re more familiar with Google Assistant over Alexa. The big Google Home Max might be bulky but it’s perfect for large spaces due to its loud sound. Furthermore, the Google Nest Hub Max is perfect for streamlining the main features of Google. There are smaller and compact versions like the Nest Hub and the Nest Mini.
- Different sizes for different needs
- Lots of affordable options
- Easy to use
- Integrated youtube
- Doesn’t have a camera
- No G-Suite
- No available Chromecasting
- Poor audio feedback
3. Sonos One – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
The Sonos One is a great midpoint between Google Assistant and Alexa. Furthermore, you get a wide array of speaker options like the Beam, Arc, and Move. These gadgets deliver crisp and clear audio feedback. Lastly, they’re also great for picking up voice commands throughout your home.
- Good audio quality
- Seamlessly integrates with Sonos system
- Alexa integration is flawless
- Numerous music streaming platforms available
- Difficult to set up
- No insert for convenient mounting
- Twice as expensive as the latest Echo
- No Bluetooth
4. Marshall Uxbridge Voice
This speaker system is capable of delivering respectable and crisp audio. One of its main features is the hands-free Alexa voice control. Marshall speakers are also highly commended for their sleek and stylish appearance. This is great for designing your home with a stylish addition. For all those reasons, this is one of the best smart home devices to own in 2021.
- Has a powerful audio performance
- Has strong bass depth
- Complete treble controls
- Supports hands-free Alexa voice control
- It’s mono digital signal can alter the sound quality at loud volumes
- Maximum volume isn’t that loud
5. Apple HomePod
This is an excellent and high-quality speaker. It pairs well with Apple devices but is still compatible with other phones of different operating systems. This best works with Apple music but still supports another music-streaming platform. Lastly, get this if you want something simple, uncomplicated, and straightforward.
- Powerful audio
- Has a rich and full bass sound
- Measurement microphone automatically adjusts to the acoustics of your room
- Sleek design
- Bluetooth streaming is unavailable
- Doesn’t have aux input
- It does not support voice control for other music streaming
- Siri isn’t as receptive as other assistive software
6. NETGEAR Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Mesh Extender With Amazon Alexa Built-In (RBS40V), Works With Any WiFi Router
Add some life to your room with this NETGEAR speaker. This is not just your ordinary speaker because it contains “smart” features such as voice control and a sophisticated extender. This is your all-in-one speaker that will fit in any occasion.
- Grants instant access to your favorite music platform such as Pandora, Spotify, etc.
- Has WiFi extender for enhanced connectivity.
- Tri-band technology saves connection speed even if lots of devices are connected to your WiFi.
- Seems fragile and prone to breakage, so never allow this smart speaker to fall at all costs.
7. Bose Smart Soundbar 300 Bluetooth Connectivity With Alexa Voice Control Built-In, Black
If you want a heavy-duty sound system, you might like this soundbar. This smart soundbar is like no other – you can use this for music, TV, or gaming. What’s more is that it delivers a rich, spacious sound, plus an exceptional bass. It’s also powered by Alexa and Google Assistant, so prepare to get used to hands-free voice controls from now on.
- Hands-free, voice controls
- Perfect for any device
- Easy connectivity and setup
- This soundbar might require some additional space.
- Heavy, so moving from one place to another might be a challenge.
Smart Plugs Device – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
1. ConnectSense Smart Outlet 2
This is a versatile dual outlet that you can control using the accompanying phone app. The application is compatible with both iPhone and Android devices. Furthermore, it also works with voice assists like Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant. Its main feature is that it monitors the energy usage of both of its outlets.
- Reports your energy usage
- Has a USB charging port
- Very easy to install on your own
- Device is bulky
- No IFTTT
2. D-Link Mydlink Outdoor Wi-Fi Smart Plug (DSP-W320)
This is a multiport outlet that’s designed for outdoor use. That means that this can withstand extreme outdoor conditions and elements. Lastly, this port can be controlled using your voice or through its accompanying app.
- 2 AC outlets
- Has a USB charging port
- Works well with Google Assistant and Alexa voice commands
- Very easy to install
- Has IFTTT support
- Doesn’t have HomeKit support
- Doesn’t report power usage
3. iHome ISP6X SmartPlug – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
This is the best option for affordability, third-party app support, and the abundance of features. Moreover, this makes it easy and effortless for you to wirelessly control a bunch of smart devices just by navigating through your phone application.
- Excellent at supporting third-party applications
- Very easy to install into your home
- Mobile application is very intuitive
- One of the most affordable options in the market
- This plug may not fit some power strips
- This plug lacks energy reporting so you can’t view power usage
4. Samsung SmartThings Wifi Smart Plug
Samsung remains to be one of the leading brands in the world of smart gadgets. This particular plug is an affordable product that allows you to control various devices. You can control these smart devices by simply navigating through the accompanying mobile application. Additionally, you can also use your own voice to control devices. This also has a power reporting feature. It tells you the energy consumption of each plugged device.
- Very affordable smart plug
- Comes with energy reporting that makes energy consumption monitoring a breeze
- Supports IFTTT
- Supports voice control
- Small and compact
- Very easy to set up
- Doesn’t support Apple HomeKit
5. Syncwire 2-In-1 Mini Wifi Smart Outlet
This is an economical choice for a smart plug. It comes with multiple sockets to accommodate different appliances. Lastly, this is also packed with so many smart features that you can benefit from.
- Two sockets per outlet to accommodate different appliances
- Each socket can be programmed individually using the app
- Comes with energy monitoring and reporting
- Supports voice automation like Google Assistant and Alexa
- Has IFTTT support
- Doesn’t support HomeKit
- May be incompatible with some power strips
6. Treatlife Smart Dimmer Plug For Dimmable Lamps That Works With Alexa, Google Assistant, And SmartThings
Sometimes, it all comes down to the plug. You might ask, “what’s with smart plugs?” Well, not only do they help in the prevention of fires, but also can save more electricity by allowing for precise lighting adjustments. It also works with Alexa and other assistance apps to fully live by the “smart” life.
- Can be used as a sleeping aid
- Supports Alexa, Google Assistant, and SmartThings
- Might be vulnerable to breakage during sudden fluctuations
Smart Lighting – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
1. Sengled Smart WIFI LED Multicolor
This smart light bulb is a good pick because of its reasonable price point. You don’t have to break the bank in order to enjoy the many benefits of smart lighting. The bulb automatically connects to the WIFI. You can control the bulb through its accompanying phone app. Moreover, you can also control this through your voice.
- Good price
- Doesn’t need extra hub
- Color quality of light is superb
- Works well with Google Assistant and Alexa
- Supports IFTTT
- Reports power usage
- Doesn’t have Apple HomeKit
- Limited support for third-party apps and integrations
2. Yeelight Smart LED Bulb (Color)
This is one of the most affordable options in the market. You can control this through voice automation or by using the phone application. Lastly, this is convenient because it doesn’t require a hub to function.
- Good price point
- High-quality light effects
- Works well with Apple HomeKit
- Has IFTTT support
- Works well with Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri
- Has special scheduling and timer features
- Lacks third-party support
3. Eufy Lumos Smart Bulb White And Color
This is a simple and uncomplicated option. It’s one of the easiest ways to install color-changing lights into your home. The light bulb comes in two color options – plain white and multicolor. Furthermore, a few clicks on your phone already allows you to change the ambiance in your home.
- Doesn’t need a hub to use
- Many different color options
- Supports voice control through Google Assistant and Alexa
- Barely any support for third-party applications
- Lifespan is below average
4. LIFX Color 1000 – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
This is the perfect option if you want something easy to use and install. This connects to the WIFI automatically and does so without the need for a hub. The biggest downside is the steep price.
- Bright light to illuminate your room
- Comes with rich and vibrant colors
- Very easy to set up
- Doesn’t need hub to connect to WIFI
- Application is very responsive
- Quite expensive
- Does not support Apple HomeKit
5. Philip Hue White And Color Ambiance A19 Starter Kit
This is the third generation installment from the Philips Hue line. It’s a great beginner kit for anyone who wishes to integrate smart lighting into their homes. It’s very customizable which makes it perfect for catering to your specific needs.
- Can be customized to your needs
- Blue and green shades of light are better and sharper
- This has a very consistent color shade
- Long-lasting bulb
- Excellent app experience
- Supports lots of third-party applications
- Quite expensive
- Doesn’t support routine settings
6. Corsair iCUE LT100 Smart Lighting Tower Expansion Kit
If you want some super cool lighting in your room, this Corsair lighting device is your best bet. It’s perfect for room theming, especially when you have a personal gaming room. It adds spirit and life, and can even reflect your mood.
- RGB lighting provides an immersive ambient lighting
- You can sync your games and music with it, making it act like a visualizer
- Its fragile structure means that it shouldn’t fall at all costs
- Tower-like means that it might require a dedicated space for your room
Smart Health and Fitness Devices – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
1. QardioBase 2 – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
This is one of the most modern additions to the market of smart scales. Moreover, it has so many improvements compared to its previous installments and remains to be one of the smartest products available.
- Measures vital stats like full body composition, BMI, and weight
- More stable than previous version
- Very safe even for women with implants or pregnant women
- Battery is rechargeable
- Charged battery can last up to a year
- Other users may be able to view your weight
2. Withings Body Scale
The primary feature of this weighing scale is its web account. It enables you to store all your vital stats on the cloud. It’s pretty accessible and safe. You also get the option to immediately share your vital stats to other users or to your physician. Lastly, the display is sleek and top-notch.
- Sleek design
- Web account is completely customizable to your needs
- Account records all personal data
- No need for monthly fees
- Great features for data sharing
- Quite expensive
- Objectives are difficult to configure
3. Wyze Scale
This comes with a safe mode for pregnant women. It’s only priced at twenty dollars and it is such a good deal. The scale offers unbeatable value compared to the other models in the market.
- This can sync and recognize up to eight different users
- Perfect for the family
- Attractive and sleek design
- App only shows recommendations for BMI levels
- Incompatible with Apple Health, Fitbit, and Samsung Health which are the leading software in the world of smart fitness tracking
4. Arboleaf Smart Fitness Scale – Best Smart Home Devices To Own In 2021
This smart scale costs around eighty dollars but it’s worth the price tag due to the convenient it provides. This does more than just record your body data. Furthermore, it goes the extra mile by giving you assessments, interpretations, and recommendations based on the data.
Packed with useful features and excellent at data recording
- Not that safe for people with implants like pacemakers
- Doesn’t measure your heart rate
- Doesn’t sync with Samsung Health or MyFitness Pal
5. Eufy BodySense Smart Scale
This is a comprehensive and accurate scale. Additionally, it is very impressive because of the amount of features you can get in a smart scale for only forty dollars.
- Has a very sleek and smart design
- Measures different data like BMII, weight, and full body composition
- Impressive user support (up to 16 people!)
- Good contextualization of data
- Accurate differentiation between users
- Data isn’t private
- Not that safe for pregnant women or users with implants
- Can’t delete wrong data measurements
6. Letsfit Smart Watch, IP68 Waterproof Calorie Counter Sleep Monitor For Men & Women
You might wanna have this in your fitness regimen. This smartwatch contains all the features you’ll need for staying on track in your health & fitness activities. From heart rate monitor to pedometer, this Letsfit watch has them all. You can even wear this anytime because it complements any outfit. Plus, it’s sweatproof and waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about removing this before taking a relaxing bath.
- Multi-functional and multi-featured
- Available with three colors to choose from
- Great for all occasions, not just in the gym
- Glass screen might be prone to scratching
7. RENPHO Body Fat Scale Smart Digital Scale Wireless Weight Scale With Bluetooth Sync – Black
Sometimes, you need a smart weighing scale to keep track of your body mass at extreme precision. This BMI scale is your best companion when it comes to “smartly” losing weight. It contains many various measurement options to provide you with different data that you might wanna know.
- Has a user-friendly app to sync information anytime, anywhere
- 13 different measurements provide a wide range of information regarding your weight tracking.
- High-quality calibration and sensors provide data with extreme precision
- This digital BMI scale might require you to change its batteries someday.
- The smooth surface might be prone to scratching
It’s a worthy investment to purchase smart home devices and turn your house into a smarter home. There are different devices to choose from, with such a wide array of price points to cater to everyone. Furthermore, these devices are designed to help you live a more comfortable life.
Have you used any of these Best Smart Home Devices To Own in 2021? How does is improve your life? Feel free to share your experience using our comment box.
If you would like to read more about new techs information or you are a game lover? Don’t hesitate to bookmark techsngames and subscribe to our email list.